Christmas Nail Art Tutorial

Hello everyone!

No nail art for such a long time, and then 2 in less than two weeks- weird, right? Well, I had to do something for Christmas! And I was able to grow my nails a bit, since I didn't work a lot this last week. This is what I came up with:




What I used for this nail art:


Base coat: Essence studio nails pro white hardener
White: Essence colour&go in 199 wild white ways
Black: Essence I<3Trends in 20 turn on the black
Green: Essence colour&go in 170 beijos de brazil
Red: Essence colour&go in 186 polka holga
Blue: MaxFactor max effect mini nail polish in 35 Candy Blue
Silver glitter: smart girls get more in 111
Top coat: Konad top Coat


Step one


As always, I prepped my nails by filing them, applying base coat and then two coats of white polish.

Step two:


I started drawing little candy canes on all nails, except for my thumb and ring finger nail. I drew 3 on each nail, using a black polish and a precise nail art brush. They seem kind of messy, but after everything was done, I think it turned out really cute.

Step three:



On each candy cane, I drew tiny green and red stripes, leaving some white in between.

Step four:



I applied some tape on my thumb and ring finger, so that it formed a triangle, or a Christmas tree shape. Since my nails are not as long, I wanted it to be quite thin.

Step five:



Then I started applying green dots, using a dotting tool.

Step six:



I continued by adding some red and blue ones, with just a tiny bit of white peeping through, and then finally adding some silver glitter nail polish dots at the end.

Step seven:


Then I carefully removed the tape and yes, I did mess up a little bit. Because it was not entirely dry when I removed the tape, so make sure to let it dry completely. (I covered it up with some white polish and a precise brush).

Step eight:


I finished the design by adding some clear top coat.


And that's it! My Christmas nail design. Did you like it?

What would you like to see in my Saturday/Sunday post? Would you rather see another nail design or a Christmas makeup tutorial? I was actually thinking about doing another nail design, but I will leave it up to you to decide :)

Thank you for reading!
See you soon xx

Labels: , ,