My September Favorites

Hello everyone!

This is my first second post in a week (is that how you say it? :D). I have talked about my goals already, saying that I've set my goal to 600 in one month (I had 549 the month before, so I wanted to have just 51 more). Well, guess what! I've had 902 pageviews in one month! 302 more than expected! And I am so thankful for that. And I promised to you, and to myself that if I met my goals, I would post twice a week. So, now I would like to reach 1800 pageviews in a month (not this month, but someday), and when I do, I will host a giveaway for you guys! So here it goes!


For this post, I am bringing you my favorites. You can look at my previous favorites post here. This post is from May (I know, right?), so I have accumulated some more, and some I already wanted to talk about, but the post from May would have been too long. So, let's get started:

1. Makeup Revolution London Bronzer in Medium Matte


This is the second product of this type (bronzy) that I've got. Firstly I bought one by Essence, but it just didn't work for me. It was too shimmery and didn't complement my skin. But, back then, contouring was huge and I simply had to give it another shot! So I did- with Makeup Revolution and I haven't regreted it for one second. I can't even remember the last time I put on makeup without using this product. However, before writing about it, I did want to test it. So, it is not too heavy, it is blendable and very easy to use. You don't have to know a lot about applying makeup to put this on. Also, it doesn't look muddy, which I appreciate. All in all- this is a great product and I really would recommend this to anyone.

2. L'Oreal Paris Color Harmony Tailor-made palette


I have had this palette for quite a long time now, but I didn't really use it. However, after writing the My makeup collection: Eyeshadow palettes post, I realized that I really like it, so I started using it, and I have been using it everytime I put on makeup ever since. Sometimes I combine it with some matte palettes, and sometimes I just do makeup looks with that palette only. Here is one of the posts I did using only this palette, to make a MOTD: Fall Makeup Look. I think these colors are amazing, shiny, pretty and very fall-appropriate :)

3. Alverde Naturkosmetik Eyeliner in 01 Schwarz


This is the only eyeliner I've been using for the past at least 3 or 4 years. The entire packaging is in German, so I am not going to get into detail about what it says, because I don't understand it. This eyeliner is very easy to apply, when you do apply it, it is not shiny as eyeliners can be and it has a thin brush which is very easy to work with. I think this is great for beginners with eyeliners, and it is also natural (at least that's what I think I understood from the packaging, haha).

4. M.A.C Lipstick Satin finish in Myth


I have been looking for a nude lipstick that suited my tan forever. I bought a few of those by some cheaper brands like Makeup Revolution and Look by Bipa, but they didn't work. Makeup Revolution was just too dry, chalky, patchy and it made my lips look terrible, and the one by Bipa was okay, but nothing special. So, for our anniversary, my boyfriend bought me this lipstick and I love it! It is really pale, almost matches my skintone, but I gloss it up a bit with my brown essence lipgloss, so it becomes a bit darker and looks great. Also, this was my first MAC product ever, so I can't leave it out of this post :)

5. Melem


Melem is a Croatian company, which is famous for this product for a long time now. This is actually a cream for sensitive skin, but it's good for everyone. I like to apply it on my hands in the evening, before going to bed and let it soak in. It is fairly thick and greasy, so it does take a bit longer to soak in, but once it does, my skin feels amazing. Also, I use it on my lips all throughout the day. I really love this product, and I wish all of you could try it, too. If I host a giveaway sometime soon, I will make sure to include this product, as well as some other favorites that are available only in this area. (P.S. if you're Croatian, and would like some free samples, contact me to find out how ;)

6. Maybelline New York The Colossal Volum' Express Mascara Smoky Eyes and L'Oreal Paris Lash Architect 4D Waterproof mascara


I have recently gotten a few mascaras from my aunt, because she doesn't use them, and so I decided to put one of them to the test. I wanted to compare it to my regular mascara by Maybelline New York The Colossal Volum' Express Mascara Smoky Eyes. The mascara I was testing was L'Oreal Paris Lash Architect 4D Waterproof mascara. You can see the test results here. But while I was testing them, I realised that one added a lot of length and the other one a lot of volume. So I thought... Why not try to combine the two and have the perfect mascara? And when I did it, I was impressed! I use the L'Oreal one first, which is for length, and then the Maybelline one for volume. Have you ever tried combining mascaras? Did it work?

7. Coconut oil cold pressed


You know how much I love Pinterest, so I saw multiple times there how amazing coconut oil is. But here in Croatia, they haven't heard of the trend yet, haha, so it's just starting to spread, and is not very easy to find. It is supposed to be cold pressed, and can be used for sooo many things. So, one day, I realised how terrible my hair was, went to my local pharmacy and bought 100ml of coconut oil for around $6,30. Is that crazy or what? However, I have been blonde for quite some time, and my hair became really dry and my ends split. That is the main reason why I decided to go brinette again and I have started to use the coconut oil as deep conditioner, and I have to say I love it. I am not a huge fan of coconut, but I love this smell. It's not too heavy or intense, and it does really make my hair nice, soft and silky. If you have never tried it, do so, but try to find it for a bit cheaper than I did. :D

8. Essence multi dimension XXXL shine nail polish in 39 Spicy


I don't like fall weather, but I do like fall. All the colors in the nature, all the produce, fruits, vegetables, pumpkin, smells in the kitchen. Fall really is amazing. So, I always try to do something season-appropriate on my nails, too. This nail polish is really dark, but it's great to combine with other colors and make great designs. You can see my latest nail art design using this polish here. I love other colors too, but this one is great for nail art, and others I love for wearing on their own. 

9. YSL Black opium perfume


I talked about this perfume in My favorite/most used perfumes! post, where I was obsessing over that perfume and wished I had it, and now I do! I got it from my aunt a couple of months ago because, get this, she doesn't like it! Well, lucky me ;) Now I have it, and I haven't stopped obsessing over the smell of it and how amazing it is. And just look at the packaging, isn't it amazing? It's quite strong and it's for the evening, but I've been more into that kind of scents lately. Here is how the smell is described on Fragrantica:

In September of 2014 Yves Saint Laurent launches Black Opium, the new fragrance announced as a rock'n'roll interpretation of the classic that should highlight the dark, mysterious side of the YSL brand. Notes of coffee, present in large quantities, dominate the scent. Additional accords are pink pepper, orange blossom, jasmine, vanilla, patchouli and cedar.  

If you're not sure if you want to get this perfume or not, I'm telling you- it's worth it. I have a 90ml bottle and it will last me forever!

10. Avon watch


I'm not sure if you know this about me, but I used to be an Avon Lady. I was that person with an Avon catalogue, who walked around and tried to convince her friends and acquaintances in college to buy something. That was not fun. And I didn't make any money, except for this watch (and not the whole watch, I was missing $3 hahaha). And even though my experience as Avon Lady wasn't great, my experience with this watch is. Firstly, I love the color! I have discovered this color pretty much at the same time as the rest of the world, but the world got sick of it and I didn't :D I still think it's amazing and want everything in this color :D Secondly, it's not intense, but quite pale, so it's easy to combine. And thirdly, it's a watch! Need I say more? I've never had a nice watch (I had a gold one, and a rubber one, but it was never my style), and now this is more sophisticated and I think it flatters me and my style :)


Do you like these bigger favorites posts? Or would you like it better if I posted more often, but with fewer products included? What are your favorites? Have you tried any of my favorites? Did you like them?


Thank you for reading!
Have a great week!
See you soon xx

Labels: ,