Essence brushes review

Hello everyone!

Has anyone noticed how Essence Cosmetics really improved? They are coming out with some really cool stuff and it's not as poor quality as it used to be, but the price is the same. I'm impressed! Of course, you can't expect it to be the best quality, but I think it's great! They have new collections coming all the time and each one is better than the previous one. And if you think that it's still what it used to be, I dare you to try it!

But they don't only have makeup, they have started to launch tools, as well. Since here in Croatia, we don't really have higher end makeup stores, and I don't really have $20 or more for only one brush, I decided to try some their brushes, and I was impressed.



I have four of their brushes, which I bought one at the time and fell in love (either right away, or after using them for a while) with each and every one of them. Even though those brushes are not in stores anymore (they have new designs), I took a picture of them after washing them, and you can see that the eyeshadow brush has some color left on the paper, but it's not really relevant anymore. I will tell you about my experience with the brushes and rate them.

1. Eyeshadow brush



This brush is one of my least favourite ones, but only because it has only one use for me, and that is applying eyeshadow on the entire eyelid. That is not a very exciting part of doing makeup, and it usually doesn't have to be precise, and that is the only reason why that brush doesn't really excite me. Anything can be used for applying that part of makeup, including fingers. But it does the job, even though it does have some fall out, and I usually have to clean my undereye area after applying eyeshadow, but it's not that big of a deal. The brush itself is quite dense, which I like, and really fluffy and soft. I have had it for a few years now, and therefore have washed it one or two times (kidding), and some of the bristles have fallen off, but after a few years for only $2, I think it's not a problem. I will give this brush 3.5/5, because it doesn't excite me and it is now missing a few bristles.

2. Smokey eyes brush


This is the second brush that I bought. It was the first brush of that kind that I ever owned. I used to use brushes I bought on eBay to do a smokey eye, and they were really poor quality and it never really worked out. But with these, I felt like I was finally doing something more and improved. At first, when I had only Smokey and Eyeshadow brush, I would use Smokey for both smokey eyes look, and blending. It was not really that good for blending, because it's really dense, and it made my eyeshadow look kind of muddy and patchy, and not really attractive. But I really liked how it worked for smokey eyes. Now that I have a blending brush, and no longer use this one for blending, I love it even more. This one has also lost a few bristles over the years, but it still works great. Only because it has lost some of the bristles, I will give it a 4.5/5. It wouldn't be fair to rate it badly for being bad at blending, because it's not a blending brush.

3. Eyeliner brush


This brush I have quite mixed feelings about. I've never tried another brand's angled eyeliner brush, so I can't really tell if I like it or not. I used it for my gel liner by Essence, and I liked how thin the line was, but the application was kind of complicated for me. I feel like it should have been a bit narrower, because it was a bit hard for me to follow the natural shape of the eye with it. I didn't really like the formula of the gel liner, so maybe that was also a part of the problem, too, but I never bought a different one to put it more to the test. However, I did try to shape my eyebrows with this brush, using brow powder, and I really like it for that. The angle of the brow is quite big, so the brush is not too big for that and you can make quite a precise line and make everything perfect. The bristles are all in place, none of them have fallen off, but because I don't really use it for what it's supposed to be, I will give it a 3/5.

4. Eye blender brush



This is the last brush I bought and it really stepped up my makeup game. I have never had or used anything similar to this (but I used the smokey eyes brush as a blending brush). I use this for the crease, as well as blending everything at the end. It is just the right density, and bristles are not too soft, so it has the perfect application. This brush is the most useful to me and my makeup routine. None of the bristles have fallen off yet and I will give it a 5/5. I'm impressed!


All the brushes have long handles, which I really appreciate, because I can control the pressure and be as precise or not precise as neccessary. I use all of them and enjoy all of them. Essence has changed the design since I bought these, and I'm not sure if the bristles are the same or not, but I believe there is not much of a difference. They have also launched several face makeup brushes, which I don't own yet, but I am planning to buy them and put them to the test, because I love all of the ones I already have.

And that's it for today's post. Do you own any of the brushes? Do you like them?


Thank you for reading this post and I will talk to you next week!

This post will soon be live at  http://www.cafe.hr/blog/moja-beauty-prica/ for all of my Croatian readers, so it would mean the world to me if you checked it out!


If you have any requests, please let me know, as always. You can follow me on Pinterest (Nika Kovačev), Twitter (KellyDoe5) and Instagram (Kelly1393), where I post even more content about my life, beauty and fashion :) Also, you can contact me via email: someone1393@gmail.com

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/14086913/?claim=qjjgurfh9a8">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

Have a great week!
See you soon xx

Labels: ,