Beautiful skin on a healthy body

Hello everyone!

It has been pretty hectic for me lately. The finals have arrived so soon. And can you believe it's July already? It feels like it was yesterday when this semester began.
Anyways, the summer is here and it is my favourite season, and I'm pretty sure it's your favourite, too. At the moment, here in Croatia, it is 36°C, which is about 97°F, which is crazy! And my skin has NOT been happy lately, so I decided to start changing some things that I do to my body and that affect the way my skin feels and looks, and I want to give you guys some advice as well.

The first thing, of course, is water. I know how everyone bombards everyone with how important drinking water is, but I am not going to do quite that. I don't really believe in the whole 8 glasses a day concept, I think that everyone has their own needs, and it's not really fun drinking when you are not thirsty. So, what I suggest is that you listen to your body and try to drink as much as possible, but as much as you need. Don't let yourself feel thirsty for too long and always carry a water bottle with you. And yes, I do mean water, and not carbonated drinks and sugary stuff everyone drinks too much of. You can drink 8 glasses of Coke a day and do much more harm than benefit to your body. However, if you don't like the taste of water, or whatever your excuse may be, I have found a recipe that may help you. This is called the Sassy water and it's great!

You say you want to learn how to make this sassy water? Well you're in the right place. What you will need is:
2 liters (0.5 US gal) or 8 1/2 cups of fresh water (use good quality water, filtered if need be)
1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated (I diced it)
1 medium cucumber, peeled and sliced thinly
1 medium lemon, sliced thinly
12 fresh mint leaves – try to obtain spearmint leaves but other mint leaves will work too; choose small ones (I couldn't find mint anywhere, so I left it out)
(you can find this recipe here: http://www.wikihow.com/Make-Sassy-Water)

However, I didn't stop there, and I added some raspberries and blueberries as well.






And this is what I was left with. After you have put all the ingredients in the water, you should put it in a fridge and leave it soak for at least ten hours and then enjoy with a very cooling and healthy drink. If you want it to be detox, you should drink it for at least 4 days (all of it each day), but you can continue drinking it afterwards. Some people even claim they've lost weight drinking it.

Of course, you also have to use moistruizers on your whole body, just drinking water will not do enough, and yes... even if your skin is super oily. In fact, especially if your skin is super oily. It actually produces oil to substitute all the moistuization it's not getting from creams and it will keep producing it. So use moistruizers! Also, if your skin is super oily in the summer, try to avoid heavy foundation. If you really need something (in the evening), use a BB cream. And if you go to the seaside, the salt from the water will dry out those acne. You just have to let your skin breathe a little.


The next thing is, you've guessed it... exercising. If you go on Pinterest, you can find so many things you can do. You can also visit my Pinterest (Nika Kovačev) and look up my Workout and Do it! boards where I have plenty of exercises. Even going for a walk in the evening, swimming, rollerblading, playing a volleyball on the beach... your options are endless. I know I'm lazy when it comes to this, but since I'm done with my finals, I promised myself I'm going to start from Thursday when I move back home. I will start rollerblading, playing tennis, and maybe even volleyball, if someone teaches me how to, haha.


The next thing is fruit. It is summer, everything is fresh and it's the season where you can pick fruit from the trees if you have it somewhere near you. So use that opportunity! Or go to the market, and you will probably get fresh fruit that had been picked hours before. Fruit is also one way of water intake, because it is mostly water. If you keep it in the fridge (which is imperative right now, considering the heat), you have an amazing way of cooling down. Also, if you have the opportunity of having your own garden, I really recommend planting some of your own. You will know exactly what you're eating, and you won't have to worry about chemicals used on them. I recommend planting raspberries, because they give so much fruit in just one season and they are suuuuper healthy, as well as other berries. We have about 7 raspberry plants and we've had so many this season that we froze 3 bags of it, ate it fresh, made deserts, and still couldn't use it all up. You can find how to grow them on Pinterest, as well.
And while you're eating fruit, try to avoid fried food in the summer. It's too heavy, greasy, and I never feel very well after eating that kind of food in the summer.


That is it for the things you can do that will help you inside out and make your skin more beautiful. I am probably going to make another post about how you can help your skin for not a lot of money, at home.

Have you tried the Sassy water? If you happen to make it Tweet me a picture (@KellyDoe5) and tell my if you've used any other ingredients and whether you liked it. Do you have any other advice considering this topic? Let me know :) This post will soon be live at  http://www.cafe.hr/blog/moja-beauty-prica/ for all of my Croatian readers, so it would mean the world to me if you checked it out!

If you have any requests, please let me know, as always. You can follow me on Twitter (KellyDoe5) and Instagram (Kelly1393), where I post even more content about my life, beauty and fashion :) Also, you can contact me via email: someone1393@gmail.com

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/14086913/?claim=qjjgurfh9a8">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

Have a great week!
See you soon xx

Labels: ,